Our Commitment to You
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In principle, you may use most of the services provided through the Site or on the Internet, without disclosing your personal information. For specific services, however, you may be asked to provide your personal information, in which case we or our partners shall be required to keep such information confidential.
- Personal Information: The Foundation, its affiliates, and its agents receive and store user-specific information you provide to us or that is provided to us on your behalf. Personal Information collected by the Foundation includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, employment information, geographic information, financial information, opinions and other information. Personal Information may be used to communicate with you, provide you with products and services, respond to your requests, update our product offerings, improve the content and user experience on our website, and for non user-specific research and studies, benchmarking, advertising, marketing, promotional and related purposes (see Aggregate Information below). You may choose not to provide certain information or to opt out from us sharing information with third parties, but such choices may limit the features, products, and services available to you through the Site or may cause you not to be able to access and use the Site at all. We will treat all user-specific data as confidential Personal Information and will not sell contact information or other data that can be traced back to specific users without their permission.
- Collection: The Foundation may ask users to provide personal information in the case of: online user registration, requesting catalogs, answering questionnaires, registering subscriptions to newsletters or the like, ordering products or providing services, accessing limited-entry areas of this Web site as appropriate, and in other similar occasions.
- Aggregate Information: We use technology that lets us know what type of browser you are using, the website from which you enter our website, and the pages you view as you visit the Site. This technology does not identify you personally - it simply helps us compile aggregated statistics about our guests and their use of the Site. We use these statistics to improve our website design and content, and in the preparation and delivery of our marketing programs. We also aggregate Personal Information to provide non user-specific information to other businesses, universities and other organizations. This "Aggregate Information" does not contain any user-specific information and is used for research and studies, benchmarking, and other advertising and marketing purposes. Aggregate Information cannot be traced back to specific users.
- E-Mail Addresses & Correspondence: We respect your privacy and your time, so we will only send you e-mails that we believe will be pertinent and interesting to you, and only if you have expressly agreed to receive such e-mails. We do not share or sell our e-mail address list with other companies. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or other mail from us, please send us an e-mail to that effect at
. NOTE, however, that access and use of the Site requires the use of e-mails and other correspondence and you will not be able to continue using the Site unless you agree to receive e-mail and other correspondence from us. When you correspond with us via e-mail or other means of communication, we may collect this information into a file specific to you.
- "Cookies": We use technology such as "cookies" on the Site to help us analyze the use of it. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. Certain features on the Site may only be available through the use of "cookies".
In some cases, the Foundation may subcontract the management of the Site, whole or a part thereof, to an outside firm that The Foundation judges to be trustworthy. The personal information of each individual user remains being protected in such situations under the Foundation's rules of handling personal information.
The Foundation occasionally engages other companies to provide limited services on its behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering user questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. The Foundation will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
In all cases, the Foundation will expressly state why such information is necessary, so that you may provide the information at your own discretion. The Foundation will not disclose personal information provided by users to any party, other than the Foundation itself or the Foundation's affiliates or business partners, without prior permission from the users, except in cases where the Foundation provides its commissioned trader with such information necessary for a trade to be executed.
However, in cases where a settlement needs to be made for using pay services or purchasing products, the Foundation may exchange Personal Information with firms, including without limitation, financial institutions, in order to check the validity of bank accounts and/or credit cards. Likewise, the Foundation may disclose personal information in case such disclosure is reasonably judged to be essential in order to protect and safeguard the rights, property and safety of other users, the Foundation itself, and/or its affiliates.
For the purpose of product development, identification of business needs, and sales promotion, we may use personal information, personal opinions, and the like presented by users, though such use shall be limited only to the Foundation itself and its affiliates and business partners.
The Foundation may use the IP addresses of users recorded in the system, in order to explore the cause of or solution to any problem arising in servers, or to administer the Site.
Your Choice to "Opt Out" of Third Party Disclosure
Users will have the opportunity to opt out of having Personal Information disclosed to a third party not acting on our behalf or used for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. NOTE, however, that opting out of allowing us to share such information with third parties will negatively affect your ability to order products, request information, or take advantage of certain features and services offered by us and may cause you not to be able to access and use the Site.
Ongoing Transfers of Personal Information
Your Access to Personal Information
We will maintain procedures consistent with applicable law for individuals to gain access to their collected Personal Information and, when appropriate and upon request, correct or delete their Personal Information.
In addition to providing users with access to their Personal Information, we take other reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, these measures, standing alone, are not sufficient to ensure the security of your Personal Information. It is also important for you to guard against unauthorized access to your passwords and the unauthorized use of your computer.
. We will attempt to resolve your inquiry in a timely manner.
Third Party Links
Legally Required Disclosures of Personal Information
We will, when permitted or required by law or court order, collect, use, and/or disclose Personal Information pursuant to procedures that do not require giving notice or acquiring consent from affected users This may include, but is not limited to, circumstances under which we may be required to disclose Personal Information in connection with law enforcement investigations. Therefore, although we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your Personal Information to the extent possible, we cannot and do not promise that your Personal Information will always remain private.
We Retain the Flexibility to Change This Policy
If you have additional questions after reading this Policy or would like to give us your feedback, please send email to